League Rules & Policies
( Rules and Settings could be subject to change per League Commissioner ) Updated 11/20/12
- All members must own a Playstation 3 or XBox360 and the most current installment of Madden or NCAA .
- All members must have an active TWITTER account which happens to be the MRL’s main platform for member to member communication.
- All members must be registered in the MRL Forums for the sake of “Classic League” (non-franchise) score reporting amongst other communication activity. http://www.myrevolutionleagues.com/forums/
- All members participating in our “Classic Leagues” (non-franchise) will be making their team selection in our USTREAM chat box during our Live Draft Show. (You must be signed in on USTREAM to utilize chat box)
Classic Scoring System (custom league)
- Points Earned - Played Win – 7 pts awarded, Played Loss - 3 pts awarded, No Ties, If a game is tied after 4 Quarters and 1 OT a new game is to be started and played till someone scores.
Standings (non-franchise) (will be based on the following)
- Game Played Points (See Classic Scoring System)
- Head to Head record
- Lowest Points Against
- Coin Flip or 1 game playoff decided by commissioner
- (Games Played can factor in depending on the commissioners rulings)
No Played Games (non-franchise)- will result in 0 pts awarded to both teams.
Note: Players that dodge or are no shows - These situations are on a game by game basis and be ruled on by the commissioners.
Communication- Every attempt to contact an opponent must be made on Twitter or in our MRL Forums. Being accessible for member tomember communication is very important especially for game scheduling purposes with your opponent. We ask every team owner to follow this rule in a responsible and dependable manner.
Game Scheduling (non-Franchise) - Each member will have a certain number of games determined at the start of the season (usually 12 games). The games on the schedule are “OPEN” which means they can be played in any order. The regular season will be completed in a 4 week time period. The dates will be set and will not be adjusted for any reason.
Each Member will have 2 calander weeks to complete 50% of the schedule. There will be no extensions to this and no exceptions. If the member does not complete 50% of the schedule they will be removed from the current season and their games that remain will be adjusted accordingly for the members that remain. Once a member completes 50% of the schedule with the inital 2 weeks period they will be playoff eligable and be able to continue for the remainder of the regular season and post season.
NOTE: The 50% of the games are the minium, as a player can play more then 50% within the first 2 calander weeks if they wish.
The standings will be based on the rules above for the final 2 calander weeks.
Connection Issues - Any game that is disconnected after the first quarter will resume with the score and the possession exactly where it left off. Both players are to agree on score and possession and start a new game but only play to halftime. If a game is disconnected in the 4th quarter the restarted game will only have 1 quarter played.
Game Results (non-franchise) - The winning team must post the final score of each game in the specified section in the MRL Forums to get credit for the game. Include the Twitter name of the losing team, the score, and the league.
GAME RULES (APPLIES FOR CLASSIC LEAGUES AND ALL TOURNAMENTS)
Cheating - Team owners that are suspected or accused of using glitch plays or codes, will be booted pending league investigation.
Faking Punts or Field Goals – No Fake Punts or Fake Field Goals are allowed. 9/17/10
Onside Kicks - No onside kicks are allowed in the first half of any game. Effective 9/17/10
Blocking Field Goals - No Blocking Kicks are allowed, the cpu is allowed to rush but no manual movement is allowed of any kind to block a kick. Effective 3/1/11
WRs subbed in at TE - No Wide receivers are allowed to be subbed in at the Tight End Position on the depth chart or manually in the huddle. You can use WR at TE packages in some formations if its an option. You may also line a WR up at TE in a audible situation. Effective 10/21/12
Squib Kicks - No Squib kicks are allowed at any time. 11/18/12
Game Settings•Difficulty: All-Pro
•Quarter Length: 5 Min
•Accelerated Clock: Off Auto Sprint: Off Auto Strafe: off (On in Community (Greyed out in the Community Settings))
•Everything else stays as the default settings
The home team also gets first choice on uniform options. The visiting team must select the opposite in terms of color differential.